cleaning the boards

Ed Kotkiewicz ekotkie at EZL.COM
Wed Dec 15 14:32:27 EST 1999

kevin smith wrote:

> does anybody know whats good to clean the circuit boards without hurting
> the components on it. i got one that's real dirty and to tight to get at
> by hand.

EK> What George and Steve have stated is good info.  I also took the NASA course many
years ago when I was in the military and that is what wee used.  I would also recommend
keeping those old toothbrushes around for those scrubing jobs.  I wouldn't be too
concerned about the aftereffect of that slight clouding that you see after using alcohol.
When making your final cleaning step, blow some air over the board.

Ed

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov