Heath monitor scope interface

wa1vwl wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Thu Dec 16 19:27:04 EST 1999

I have an SB-610 hooked up to my Drake R-4B receiver which has a 50 KHz IF.
Heathkit specified a resistor in the plate of the amplifier. I believe it
may have been 15 K (somebody correct me). Problem was scope signal amplitude
was too low for my taste. I used an 88 Mh toroid in the plate and got
tremendous amounts of signal. Had to turn the vertical gain down. It also
worked with a snall power supply choke of about 4 Henrys inductance. Try it,
you may not need an amplifier after all.

73/Gerry/W1ID
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill K0QK <brisch at USWEST.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 8:58 AM
Subject: Heath monitor scope interface

Good day all, I am trying to interface a heath monitor scope to a Hammarlund
HQ-170A.  The 170 has an IF output so that the signal can be fed to an
external device.  The problem is that the signal level is low (less than 50
millivolts) as I read it on my regular scope.  The monitor scope will not
work
directly with this low level signal so I need some sort of amplifier
circuit.
I am trying the Heath signal switcher but that does not seem to work.
I need some suggestions to a circuit or a piece of hardware to make the task
simpler.  Any suggestions?
thanks
Bill K0QK

Sponsored by the City of Tempe