Collectors Only---Heath Model HT4 Transmitter

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 6 22:33:40 EDT 1999

Listmembers:

I have the above in extremely good condition that would make a fine addition
to any serious HEATH collection.  This radio is an Aircraft Transmitter,
crystal controlled, with space for two crystals----one at 3105kc and a second
of choice. (xtals not in the sockets)  It is small, approx 6"x6"x8"and weighs
a couple of pounds or so.  The cabinet is brown wrinkle finish and is in good
condition.  The front panel is in excellent condition with only minor
chipping around the edges.  The design and color scheme of the front panel
bears strong resemblance to the early Heathkit panels such as the TC-1 tube
tester and the VM5 VTVM. In addition to the controls, it is clearly labeled
Aircraft Transmitter  with HC in the center of the panel and Heath Company,
Benton Harbor Michigan at the bottom. This radio pre-dates the modern day
Heath corporation and goes back to the time when Ed Heath was trying to sell
kit airplanes. (one later took his life as you know)  He and his partner were
selling this radio as part of their "airplane" company.  The inside is clean
and seems to have never had a mod done to it.  I would guess it is from the
mid to late 30's.  I know there was a corresponding receiver that I think was
called the HR4.  I've never seen one but have spoken to a couple of persons
who have them.
To the best of my knowledge, all that I have relayed is accurate.  If anyone
has other comment please fill in the blanks.

I am asking $150 for this collectible radio.

Thanks for the BW.

W4MIL
Chuck

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov