Regenerative Receivers - Do They Work?

Deane D McIntyre dmcintyr at UCALGARY.CA
Wed May 5 01:17:29 EDT 1999

"Harvey A. Kader" wrote:

> Recently I acquired a Knight Star Roamer. Now this radio really works,
>
> and I am not kidding! It has only four tubes, is regenerative, and has a
>
> very elaborate tuning circuit. It has dial controls for "antenna"(an
>
> antenna trim) and "bandspread". Plus it has AVC and ANL. I am really
>
> impressed with this radio. Although it has only four tubes and is
>
> regenerative, it picks up alot of stations with only a longwire antenna
>
> indoors.

I have a Star Roamer as well, however note that it is actually a
superhet with a regenerative IF stage (like the S-38A through E)
Not to put regen receivers down, but the Star Roamer is more
than a regen. Uses four tubes as the rectifier and detector
are SS diodes.

73, Deane D McIntyre VE6BPO
dmcintyr at ucalgary.ca

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov