Electrolytics "blow up"

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sun Nov 28 11:02:48 EST 1999

bill... sounds like you're headed in the right direction... here's some more
tips for you in your quest for QRM.

There is a RF choke and a .01 (.001?) cap at the + side of the 40 mf cap. If
you lift the RF choke, you have in fact taken the plate voltage away from
the final. Keeps those drive pots from smoking!!

Check the other resistors in the voltage dividers in the power supply
section. There's about four of them if I recall. One may be changed to a
higher value, and throw the dividers out to lunch.

If you don't have a variac, use a 60 watt light bulb in series with the 110
vac primary. Saves a lot of pieces parts...

Since we're not lunching missles, don't worry about getting a 40 mf. just
about anything close will work. i.e. a 47mf, 56 mf. as long as the working
voltage is equal to or even higher will do.

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
"Electricity at the speed of light"

----------
>From: Bill and Edna <Eshukis at HOME.COM>
>To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
>Subject: Re: Electrolytics "blow up"
>Date: Sun, Nov 28, 1999, 3:54 AM
>

>Mike..
>
>Thank you.  I checked that 330 ohm resistor and it is a zero-or-so ohm one.
> One step
>closer to my producing QRM.  I also blew out the Drive Potentiometer...but
>that's another
>story.
>
>tnx es 73
>
>Bill,  K3OBB