TRIVIA AND A QUESTION

Domenic M. Mallozzi DMallozzi at AOL.COM
Sat Sep 25 16:15:32 EDT 1999

Hi Gang

I was looking at an old episode of the British TV show THE AVENGERS (from the
1960's) and in an episode titled "The House that Jack Built" there are
multiple shots of various meters on the front of a large computer. I thought
I saw a familiar logo so I stopped the tape and looked (my wife had a few
comments about interrupting the show). It has a Heatkit logo on what is
obviously a square VTVM scale. It says "Valve voltmeter" on the face. I can't
read the name of the meter manufacturer in the lower lest corner, but, in the
lower right you can see "Glousester" which probably was the city of the
manufacturer.

Now for a question Did Heath have a "manufacturing" plant in Europe ? I know
they sold overseas but assumed everything was shipped from Benton Harbor to a
European distribution site. Also, did they buy local parts to put in kits ?

Thanks

Dom N1DM

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov