AT-1 & HW-100 Problems

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Sat Sep 25 16:53:24 EDT 1999

Sounds like an open cathode resister on the 6L6. Maybe more. With no load
on the plate and screen, the voltage rises to supply.

The rubber belts are available from auto supply stores. They call them
""O"" rings. I got mine from Pep Boys.

Good luck.
Ed Richards

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:57:01 PDT "Hawaiian Shirt Jay, kf6rmg"
<kf6rmg at HOTMAIL.COM> writes:
>  I'm trying to get my AT-1 and HW-100 on the air in time for the
>Classic
>Exchange contest tomorrow, but I'm having prblems with both.
>
>  First the AT-1. I followed the tune-up proceedure in the manual and
>everything seemed to go without a hitch, except that when I attached
>wattmeter, I found that it wasn't putting out any power on transmit.
>So I
>proceeded to test the voltages on the tubes and found that the bias
>voltages
>on the 6L6(-45V) and 6AG7(-95V) weren't there. Also, on the 6L6, there
>was
>one pin that should've read as 450V and another that should've been
>250V,
>but both read as 532V. I'm guessing that this means something in the
>rig
>needs to be replaced, but I'm not sure what.
>
>  I noticed my problem with the HW-100 (probably the first of many)
>when I
>first openned the cabinet. The elastic bands on the shafts of the
>DRIVER
>PRESELECTOR and FINAL controls have worn out and need to be replaced.
>Does
>anyone know of a decent substitue for the bands?
>
>  Can anyone help me out on either of these? I'm starting to grow
>apprehesive as to whether or not I'll have the rigs fixed in time for
>the CX
>contest.
>
>                                            73,
>                                           Jay, kf6rmg