hf tunning

Bob Meyer Rascal at UTEC.NET
Sat Apr 8 16:15:09 EDT 2000

Thank you for your info.
I tryied tunning with a dip in plate current and
output is a little less but AM on peek reading
watt meter has nice fwd swing .

I was tunning AM with 100% mod buy heeellllo into mike
and 100 % mike gain to get best AM tunning.

I was stating my manual about 2 tone SSB and CW.

no AM loading was told.

I do not have manuals for all my HF amps.
I do have most diagrams for them.
YES I found I have to reduce AM level from RCI 2950 and outher rigs.
setting FM/CW is easy.I load  FM to max buy starting
out with low drive into dummy load and going to max and switch to antenna and just tweek a little.then switch SSB if needed.
This does not work for am.I loged the tunning numbers and
retuned AM with mod and found only load(ANT) moved
less cap about 3 to 5% less.
This is not the same for each amp.
Thank you for your input on HF tunning on AM.
This is not told in the manual I have.

Robert