TOBACCO SMELL

CHRISTOPHER W. (Chris) BOONE CBoone at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Jul 23 04:51:50 EDT 2000

I have taken old two way radios (Motorola, GE, etc) to car washes and
used the high pressure hose to get rid of dirt, dust, mud, etc..
resistors dont lose their stripes under these conditions...
I have also used the dishwasher for small PCboards, etc....after washing
put them in a oven with the temp set at 150-180....let it bake for
2hrs or until dry (I didnt say DONE!)....
I used this once in doing some cleaning of a repeater....it worked
like a champ after the bath and bake! Just make sure all moveable
parts get lubed afterwards...

Chris
WB5ITT

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov