SB303

david david at COMPUTAN.ON.CA
Thu Jun 8 22:45:15 EDT 2000

Hi All,
  Well I did it this time.
The tuning device (pot ,inductor ???) in the 303 gets dirty every once
in a while on my radio and I drilled a hole in the side of it to spray
it with lubricant,  and over the past 5 years this has worked well.
"but" today I sprayed it with some citrasol and though it cleaned it
perfectly it also shifted the dial 50 khz so that 7.000 is now 7.050
 Does any one in the group know how to retune the LMO since this is a
sealed unit I may have to resort to breaking the welds and do it out of
the radio.
    the screw under the dial knob allowed me to shift it 17 KHZ but I
still have another 33 to go

cheers Dave VE3BBN