Cleaning equipment

Malcolm Leonard rosinfumes at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 23 11:59:02 EDT 2000

 Wow! Where do you get your old test gear from that it is dirty enough to require high pressure cleaning?I have about 20 pieces of test gear awaiting rebuilding,and some goes back to the 50's and has been stored in dirty cellars,but even the mostr grimey ones respond very well to a much  less drastic cleanup treatment.The fact that you have experienced two problems already,related to your cleaning methods is a clarion call to use less drastic techniques.Moisture is the great enemy in old electronics equipment;adding more of it,which is driven into poorly accessable places by hose pressure seems a poor idea to me.Why do you approach your cleaning in such an overly aggressive manner?Has your test gear been dipped in heavy grease,or something?

Malcolm Leonard

  "charles w. morehouse" <cwmorehouse at WORLDNET.ATT.NET> wrote:
Hi,
Another one. I use my dishwasher. Care must be taken as sometimes the
paint comes off. Also remove meters and transformers or anything that
can be damaged. Threw the wife out years ago so that is not a problem.
Happy washing.
Wayne;
W4GBW

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov