Help - Zero Beat

Bob Ahrens alphasig at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Mar 24 09:00:46 EST 2000

Group,

    Can someone please explain the idea of zero beating a receiver to a known signal?

    I know what zero beat means when it refers to two audio signals... simply meaning that two signals are at exactly the same freq., eliminating the beating effect. However, I am trying to align an HW-101 and there are constant references to zero beating the receiver to either the calibration signal or a known frequency. Since there is only one signal, say the 3.7 MHz cal signal, how do I zero beat the receiver??

73
KC2FYG
Bob