Spy gear

Murray Leshner multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Mon Mar 27 21:50:15 EST 2000

I find it ironic that hams want the rules of the airwaves respected and
their own privacy respected (ever notice how many of us have unlisted
numbers?), but think amateur spy gear should be ignored.

Perhaps such equipment is actually illegal in some jurisdictions. Perhaps
someone did commit a crime with such equipment and they traced it's origin
to the retailer. Who knows.

I've heard people complain about police ticketing parked cars..."they should
be chasing criminals", they say. Are you handicapped? How do you feel about
those people who park in the handicapped spaces?

Funny how rules are ok only when they don't infringe on us.

I heard something on the news recently discussing the dollar amount of white
collar crime vs. simple burglary & violent crime, about 10 x as much.

Ever had your house bugged? I had a boss whose house was bugged and he was
blackmailed, no, it was actually extortion, into signing away his rights to
a patent he was part of that some nefarious group wanted. I don't think he
cared whether the bug came from a kit company or a
'professional' company.

Murray

Murray Leshner
Multi-Volti Devices
349 Lane Ave
Holland MI 49423
multi-volti at softhouse.com
http://users.softhouse.com/uptown/multi-volti/

Other web site:
http://users.softhouse.com/uptown/

Lincoln Elementary School Celebrity Doodle & Photo
fundraiser auction
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/pbutts@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov