Use of D104 Mike with Heath

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Fri Nov 10 08:33:39 EST 2000

well had to throw my hat into this ring..

DID (and notice that is past tense) use a D104 on the hw101, sb101, sb104
and several others.

I had no low end audio. Everyone told me the audio was clear but very
tinny...

the last straw was checking into midcars and the net control told me to
trash that mic! Replaced it with a heathkit 638 and everything is fine with
the world.

now, its possible that the crystal element is kaput, but it still generates
plenty of audio..
--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems