Buyer Beware on Ebay

JR Linden jrlinden at USA.NET
Sat Aug 4 14:08:11 EDT 2001

I can assure you there's good and bad.  I've been selling and buying on eBay
for over 5 years.  I have a FB record of +879 with NO negatives but I've
gotten good deals and bad ones.  A very important thing to do is to request
their contact information from eBay.  This gives you a phone number that will
tell you a lot.  If you get no answer or an answering machine four out of
five times, be leery.  If the Boise McDonalds answers, be real leery.  On top
of the crooks there are people dumber than rocks.  Not on purpose, just out
of their league.  Farmer Brown should not be selling a HW-12 that he calls a
CB.  That guy judges condition a lot different than you or I.   Ham calls
have been generally good but I'm leery when a WA8 says he doesn't know how to
check a freq counter.   Yesterday I saw a K2 that says the ac cord was cut so
he couldn't check it out.  Common sense plays a big part.  I got a TR-6 last
week that was reasonably priced and worked.  Amazing.......JR  K7PUR
(xWA9PUR)