Low power on 10 and 15

Eddy Swynar gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Sun Feb 11 06:13:04 EST 2001

Greg...

I wouldn't get too alarmed...

Back in the heyday of HW-101's, etc., nearly all Amateur Radio transmitter
manufacturers would temper their advertising copy with worfds akin to
"...slightly less on 10-meters".

You're actually doing better than me: I once had an SB-400 that was so
mulish on 10 that the MOST I could get out of it was 25-watts! You're doing
well with that 75 of yours, I think!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hockenjos" <nunu726 at lycos.com>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2001 7:00 PM
Subject: Low power on 10 and 15

> Hello. I just rebuilt my power supply, a HP-23. New caps and diodes. I
have a HW-101. I get 100 watts on 80, 40 and 20 meters. On 15 and 10 only 75
watts. I have changed the finals and driver and have re adjusted all the
coils and nothing helps. The radio transmits and receives great, but will
not put out full power on 10 and 15 meters. Any ideas? Greg.

http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov