DX-35 / DX-40 crystal doors

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 26 16:31:30 EDT 2001

The gray Heathkit paint just got here about 20 minutes
ago.  It was shipped in a timely manner, but, the
@##!% Post Office took their time!

The first coat of paint is already on the back and is
drying.  The front will be done last.  Therefore, if
your order has been received, they should start
shipping tomorrow.

Again, for the "new commers":  Reproduction crystal
door covers for the DX-35 and DX-40.  $10 each plus
$1.50 shipping unless you just happen to live in
Texas.  Then, you have to add 83 cents for sales tax.
This makes a total of $11.50 for each door for 49
states and $12.33 for Texas.  Foreign orders please
E-Mail me and I'll see how much it will be to send
them.

If you need one, send a cheque for the appropriate
amount to

Glen E. Zook
410 Lawndale Drive
Richardson, Texas 75080
(972) 231-3987
(972) 231-5011

If you have either a DX-35 or DX-40 with the crystal
door, consider yourself lucky!  From the E-Mails I
have been getting, it seems like about 98% of the
transmitters are missing the door.

These are "hand made" in 26 gauge steel (the originals
were 22 gauge but that is too thick to work with basic
hand tools).  They have the wrinkle finish on the
outside and, unlike the "model" door that I have, are
painted on the inside as well.  I check each door on
my DX-35 just to make sure that everything is OK.

If I ever come up with a small shear and a couple of
other things, I might be able to start producing these
in the 22 gauge.  However, don't everyone hold their
breath!

Thanks

Glen, K9STH