DX-20 and Johnson Crystal Hole Plugs

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 15 14:11:07 EDT 2001

It looks like the hole plugs that I have obtained are
going to work for both the DX-20 (and I think HX-11 -
2 inch diameter) crystal hole plugs as well as for
that used on the Johnson Valiant, Ranger, etc. (1.5
inch diameter).

I am waiting on the paint for the Johnson plugs which
should be here by the end of this week.  The plugs
will be ready for the paint when it gets here.

The "clips" on the back of the 2 inch used on the
DX-20 are not as "deep" as the original.  However,
they hold fine and, anyway, can't be seen from the
outside.  The "clips" on the 1.5 inch are actually a
little larger than the original!  Go figure!

The hole plugs will be furnished with a "stud" for
mounting the appropriate knob (large gray in the DX-20
and small maroon in the case of the Johnson
transmitters).  You have to supply the knob.  The
"stud" is exactly the way the DX-20 were supplied from
the factory.  The Johnson transmiters actually had a
knob with a fixed shaft permanently attached to the
plug.  The knob was not removeable.  However, the
visual effects are indentical whether or not the knob
is permanently attached.

I can provide the 2 inch in both the original
non-painted version or in one that has a gray crackel
finish.  The 1.5 inch will be finished in the Johnson
maroon paint.

Prices are as follows:

DX-20 plain

    $14.00 CONUS, $16 US Canada, $15.16 Texas
residents

DX-20 gray crackle finish

    $16.00 CONUS, $18 US Canada, $17.32 Texas
residents

Johnson

    $15.00 CONUS, $17 US Canada, $16.24 Texas
residents

All are postpaid prices.  As can be seen, Texas
residents have to add 8.25% sales tax.  Sorry 'bout
that chief!

Send a cheque for the appropriate amount for the
number of crystal hole plugs required to

Glen E. Zook
410 Lawndale Drive
Richardson, Texas 75080

Thanks