possible dumb queastion

GENE ARRILLAGA genendonna at MAC.COM
Wed Jun 12 18:33:55 EDT 2002

Actually, I think it is a good question, one that has puzzled me for quite
some time.  I am hoping to put together a HF station sometime soon and I
would like to do it the right way.  I have some specific questions:

    1. My gear will be on the ground floor, next to a window, less that 6
      feet from an 8 foot Copper-clad grounding rod that I plan to drive
      into the soil to use as a RF ground.  Any recommendations?

    2. I will have 3-wire grounded receptacles for all equipment  using
      commercial power, should the RF ground be connected to the bare wire
      (ground) of the house power circuit?

    3. What do mobile and handheld operators do for an RF ground?

73 Gene  KF6ZYD