HW-101/SB-102 Mic question

Larry Knapp kc8jx at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 19 11:06:37 EDT 2002

Bob - It's encouraging that you have already received several responses.  A
"hi-impedance" mic is usually in the 20K or above range...realistically, don't
use a low-impedance mic for general communications (though it's possible with
some of the suggestions you already have received).  There are lots and lots of
mics on the open market (hamfests are a great source)....several Heath or
Electro-Voice models come to mind along with the tried and true Astatic 10D (or
DA, though I prefer the 10D) and D104....not amplified.  Keep looking and you
should find a good one in the $20 or so range.  The HW-101/SB-102 will sound
pretty good with a hi-impedance model.

73, Larry KC8JX

--- "Bob, WB2UJD" <BobbyTrip at AOL.COM> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I know that these rigs are supposed to be used with a Hi-Z microphone.  How
> High?  Has anyone used them with low impedance mic's?  How do they work?  I
> only have a beat up shure Hi-Z handheld mic for the 2 HW's and one SB I own
> and am looking for a nice desk mic.  I have my eye on some what look to be
> NOS, Turner Model 253 Dynamic 150 OHMS on Ebay but fear one of those might
> not work for beans with these rigs (without mic ckt mods).  Thoughts?  Thanks
> in advance and 73,
>
> Bob, WB2UJD

=====
May your days be full of sunshine and good thoughts fill your head.
From: Larry Knapp, KC8JX, St. Joseph, Mi  49085
  Best 73's

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com