SB-301 and SB-303 questions

Eddy Swynar gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Fri Mar 15 09:41:14 EST 2002

Hi Jerry...

HEAR! HEAR!

Never fear---I totally agree with your conclusion, having used both marques
during one particularly memorable Field Day...

The Collins had a more solid "feel" to the tuning, as I recall, compared to
the Heath---and that about sums up the difference between the two, in my
humble estimation (NOTE: PRICES notwithstanding...!)...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

----- Original Message -----
From: "ejforwood Jerold Forwood" <ejforwood at MSN.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: SB-301 and SB-303 questions

Mark,

I have one of each.  Both are quite adequate.  I prefer the 303, but not for
any special reasons, maybe just because it doesn't have to warm up.  I find
that both seem, to me, to hear better than my much newer (TS-2000), all
solid state transceiver.  But then again that may be because I got my first
call back when these units were "state of the art" and I want to relive my
youth.

I believe, and I will start plenty of arguments here, that they are both
ever bit as good as the Collins equipment that they copied.  Provided they
were properly built by someone a bit above a beginner kit builder and is
properly aligned.

But that's just my opinion.

73's,

Jerry, K0EJF