Q Meter Certifiable Calibration it isn't, but...........

Sandy and Kees Talen windy10605 at JUNO.COM
Fri Mar 15 10:00:47 EST 2002

Applies to Heathkit Q meters also..............

I don't own any of the Boonton calibration standards, in fact I've
never seen one. However, I would like some level of accuracy
with my Boonton 260A (or any other Q Meter).

Recently Paul Monroe volunteered to test some toroids on a
calibrated HP4342A Q meter (undoubtenly more accurate than
my old Boonton 260A).  As soon as I can correlate the data with
my machine (initial info looks like it reads about 20-30% low) I'll
make those available to others (on loan) for a rough calibration
of their Q meters .......better than assuming/guessing.

Send me your name if you would like to borrow them, I'll make a
list, and forward that around with a couple of toroids. Just keep
them a few days and send to the next person on the list.

May work, may not, we'll see.

73s  Kees K5BCQ