SB-200

Ed Lambert" "K1ZOK ma.locksmith at JUNO.COM
Sun Feb 23 09:13:58 EST 2003

A few comments.....

First, on the 33 ohm resistors.  I'd suggest replacing them again with
the one watt style as called out in the original design.  They act as
"fuses" and can prevent a fault from traveling into the rest of the
circuitry.....  as it did.  When you replace them with a higher (much)
wattage rating, then the resistor cannot blow and protect the rest of the
components, including the tubes....  might be very expensive!

The one ohm resistor R12 is the current monitor resistor.  If you replace
it with a two ohm, then all of the current readings on the meter will be
twice as high as the actual value, and the resistor will dissipate twice
the power at the same current level.

You MIGHT have damaged the original R12 when the capacitor let go.  You
should make sure you monitor the plate current when you do the next
testing.  If you have a couple of the two ohm resistors, you could place
two in parallel FOR TESTING PURPOSES.

Ed
K1ZOK