HW-101 rcvr sensitivity fades

CyberGeezer cybergeezer74 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 26 08:12:23 EST 2003

You may recall my recent posting that after cleaning the
relay contacts the receiver sensitivity is rejuvenated.

I subsequently notice that the sensitivity gradually fades
over a period of 2-3 minutes, and gets restored if I key
into xmit for at least 15-20 seconds.  Weird!

I don't think it's related to the relay contacts--  if it
were, you would think that keying rapidly a few times (as
by jiggling the PTT switch) would shake something loose;
but that is not the case.  I have to STAY in xmit for
15-20 seconds.

Anybody recognize this pattern?

73 de W2GERry