SB-221 fixed w/ one issue

Jan Sluchak jsluchak at PACBELL.NET
Wed Feb 26 09:12:34 EST 2003

Hello to the group.
Thanks to all who have helped with comments on fixing this amp.
Just a report that the SB-221 I was working on is finally fixed.  Output
of 800 watts on all bands. 15m is slightly less and 10 meters is non
existant due to high swr.  This is on the tune position running 110
volts (I know, i need to get 220).
Interesting though I still show negative grid current when set on grid
scale.  The meters do have 3amp/50 volt diodes reversed across the meter
terminals as protection, but that shouldn't have an issue.  Is that an
OK value for protection?
Tubes are good, so why the negative grid current?
Jan N6YV