Heathkit 6 meter transceivers

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Nov 26 13:38:30 EST 2003

On 25 Nov 2003 at 21:23, Glen Zook wrote:

> There is still some AM activity on 50.400 MHz which
> has been the 6 meter AM calling frequency since at
> least the mid-1950s.  I know that during band openings
> that there is usually some activity around 50.400 MHz.

There are also a fair number of nets around the country
for local QSOs on 50.4 MHz

These nets do NOT get a lot of publicity in the mags,
even including E.R.

In our area of central Florida we have a net on Tuesday nights
at 7:30 pm and there are often as many as 9 or 10 check-ins!

The Sunday net up in the DC area has been on every week for
about 40 years, I think!