Two questions

G. Beat gregory.beat at COMCAST.NET
Thu Dec 29 16:15:57 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stu Lyon" <s.d.lyon at EARTHLINK.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 7:12 PM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Two questions

> Hi,
> I have two off-subject non-related questions for the list:
>
> 1. What happened to QRZ.com? The ARRL link to the FCC list and
> Buckmister(sp?) are still active but I always liked that QTH-finder
> better.
>
> 2. Where can I find 1 and 2-watt resistor assortments? I can find plenty
> of 1/4 and 1/2 watt assortments from R/S and others but nothing higher.
>
> Thanks es 73, Stu W6CUX

Stu -

Believe it or not, the best thing for Allied Electronics was having Radio
Shack/Tandy sell them !!
They are now starting to behave like the Allied Radio & electronics I
remember in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Allied Electronics
http://www.alliedelec.com
(800) 433-5700

They have Ohmite assortments.  Carbon Comp. as well as Carbon & Metal Film
for 1 watt and Carbon Film for 2 watt.

I have not checked with DigiKey or Mouser (my other standard sources)

Greg, w9gb