HW-101 INFO NEDED

Stu Lyon w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon May 2 15:01:28 EDT 2005

The same wording is in the SB-102 manual on page 104 left column. There IS
rf through 200 ohm balance pot. What you are doing is balancing the rf to
each side of the balanced modulator so that the carrier is canceled out. The
amplified af from the mike unbalances the modulator to produce DSB w/o
carrier. The filter then makes it SSB.

If you have a spare receiver, an easy way to balance the modulator is pick
up the signal at the output of the rig. Set the receiver AGC to fast and
adjust the balance pot and capacitor for a null on the receiver.

And watch out for a bad 200 ohm balance pot  -- they nearly all are.

73, Stu W6CUX
Winnetka, CA
s.d.lyon at earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Murray Grandy" <mgrandy at TELUS.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 10:28 AM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] HW-101 INFO NEDED

Can someone help me with this please. I am doing xmitter align as per
manual. Page 123, top of second column. "Turn mic level fully
counterclockwise" and adjust carrier null for min rf. There is no rf with
mic control in this position. What am I missing, or misreading. I have two
manuals and instructions are the same. Is this a stupid question?
Murray