Preparing vintage kits for soldering?

Murray Leshner murrayatwork at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 7 12:11:24 EDT 2005

I told someone I would research for them what are best (or creative)
practices to assure a long-stored tinned pc board and components get good
wetting and solder coverage.

There are many new species of solder in the last 20 or so years rangin from
the tried and true mildly active rosin core to no-clean and aqueous clean
and very soon lead-free.

I've done unconventional things like scrubbing boards, but don't remember
exactly what with.

Also, does deteriorating conductive foam leave any residue on IC's?

Thanks

Murray