need advice on restoring a garaged HW-101

Lance Sheldon lancesheldon at COX.NET
Sat Feb 25 22:07:58 EST 2006

I've rekindled my interest in Ham radio after a 20 year absence and would
like to get back on HE. Unfortunately, the HW-101 I assembled as a teenager
has spent most of this time boxed-up in an un-heated garage which I now know
is not good. Is there any chance this rig could be restored? Has anyone had
experience in restoring a rig stored in similar conditions? Although the rig
worked fine when it was put away, I assume I should do more than blow the
dust out and plug it in. Any advice would be most welcome.

73
Lance
WD0DUU