FWD: SOLDER SMOKE # 27

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sat Jul 15 08:46:07 EDT 2006

ENJOY....

SolderSmoke!
A SHOW FOR ELECTRONICS HOMEBREWERS!

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/247756

Topics discussed in SolderSmoke #27:

-- Computer woes
-- Bill's visit to the Dominican Republic
-- Building Xtal oscillator with kid
-- Book Reviews:
   "The Art of Electronics"
   "The Electronics of Radio"
-- Ether and Quantum Mechanincs, Tao of Physics
-- SolderSmoke Mailbag: Nigel in Dover, Mike WA6AWA,
Matt KC8COM

CHECK OUT A PICTURE OF SOLDERSMOKE'S LONDON STUDIO:
http://usgadgeteer.blogspot.com/

Listen at: http://www.ourmedia.org/node/247756
Background:
Tired of listening to Led Zepplin or NPR on your
I-Pod?   Wouldn't you like to be able to carry with
you the kinds of ham radio conversations that you
listen to while in your radio shack?
Mike,  KL7R, in Juneau, Alaska, and Bill, M0HBR, in
London, England meet regularly on the ECHOLINK system
to discuss their homebrew radio projects.  We are
making them available as PODCASTS.

NEW RSS FEED:  You can subscribe to the program, have
them downloaded to your MP-3 player, and listen to
them at your convenience. To subscribe, just cut and
paste this URL into your I-poder (or similar)
software. We've been having trouble with our Ourmedia
RSS feed, so Mike (software wizard that he is) has
homebrewed his own RSS feed.  In order to subscribe to
SolderSmoke, point your podcast software to:

http://kl7r.ham-radio.ch/soldersmoke.rss

If you don't have an MP3 player you can just go to the
site below and listen to the latest program (and
earlier editions) using the audio software on your
computer.

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/247756

Here's the homepage for our show. All our programs
are available here.  There is also a blog and links
to some of the sites and documents we've been
discussing: http://www.ourmedia.org/user/36170

We hope you enjoy the program.  Please send us
feedback.

73 from London
Bill M0HBR N2CQR CU2JL
http://www.gadgeteer.us

"SolderSmoke!"
 It's pronounced "Sodder Smoke" by some Americans,
as you will hear at the beginning....

(FROM OUR FRIENDS in the G-QRP Group)