Heathkit DX-100

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 19 14:08:05 EDT 2006

I do make replacement dials.  Check the Zcomco website
the URL of which is listed at the end of this message.

Heathkit did come out with a modification that changed
the loading from the 50 pf variable plus fixed
capacitors to a continuously variable loading.  This
was a VERY helpful modification.  DX-100 units thus
modified were known as "DX-100A" units.  That is why
when Heath came out with the newer version it was
known as the DX-100B.

The loading modification works very well on both coax
and balanced line.

There also was a kit to add a VFO spotting switch and
modify the keying.

Glen, K9STH

--- "TChesek at Epix.Net" <tchesek at EPIX.NET> wrote:

I just acquired a Heathkit DX-100 for
repair/restoration for personal use and am looking for
a few resources. There is also a piece of the VFO dial
broken out. If I can't find a replacement it is not a
big deal because the rest of the dial is in decent
condition, but if I had a better one I would use it.

I'm looking for comments also on the antenna loading
circuit. The original coarse/fine arrangement has been
replaced with a 3 section variable that measures 1100
pf to 2920 pf using my ECG Capacitance meter. The
DX-100 article in the June ER Magazine makes reference
to Heath's modification using a 3 section variable
totaling about 1200 pf.

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth