Inquiry to all current Heathkit employees

Bob And Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Fri May 5 02:07:53 EDT 2006

A couple of months ago, the topic of providing replacement slugs for the
RF and IF coils used in the Heathkit line of ham gear was briefly
discussed with no overt action resulting other than it would be a good idea.

I would like to reactivate this subject and to that end, I wonder if
there is any present or former Heath employee who would have access to
some of the specifications (i.e. technical details) for the IF and RF
coils used in Heathkit equipment. The information of particular interest
would be specifically, for a particular coil, what the electrical and
mechanical  specifications were for the tuning slug (e.g. material type,
thread and length). It would also be neat if we had details on the
actual coil (e.g. number of turns for each section, etc) but that would
be only a 'nice to have'.

Despite having worked at Heath for 4 years, I can not, for the life of
me, remember what was available in terms of information for the coils.
At any rate, if anyone can contribute, please contact me directly and I
will summarize the information. Iit would be appreciated by all.  Slugs
are still available and we could, after summarizing all the data,
probably buy several lots to replace old and broken cores.

73
Bob Groh