Proper method for using Wrinkle Paint.

Jim Flanagan jflan at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Sun May 21 21:59:15 EDT 2006

Hello..
     I could use some tips on how to optimize the results using wrinkle
paint.  I've been playing with the black wrinkle
paint that Krylon sells (Jet Black).  Advanced Auto Parts (Largo, Fl)
sells this for $7 a can.  The directions claim three
heavy coats of paint, waiting about 5-10 min between coats.  I read on
the Internet that if you want to add a different color as a
top coat, you want  to apply your color coat before the wrinkling takes
place. Supposedly, you want to apply the color coat early,
as opposed to waiting for the wrinkle to completely dry, otherwise, the
results will be disappointing.  Anyway, I am not having
good results and don't want to start painting any of my prepped
cabinets, etc until I get this figured out.  I've been getting a mixture of
confusing information.  Some people claim that you do NOT want to use a
primer prior to using the wrinkle paint, whereas one individual
explains that he uses a thin, tack coat prior to using the wrinkle
paint.  I am hoping that someone here in the group is an expert at this
technique and will help me (us!) out....

Your help and tips are appreciated. Thanks..

Jim
WB5KYE