I tipped my Cantenna

Robert Myers rsmyers at ROGERS.COM
Sun Nov 12 13:30:12 EST 2006

Hi,

A leg collapsed at on my table and my Cantenna slid off and fell onto a
box, and the 'paint can' was dented slightly.  Now not that much
happened, but the lid is a lot oilier.

I guess some came though that air valve.  Should I open the lid, and
take the whole thing out and clean between the lid and that attached box
etc; and clean out the PL-259 connectors etc.  Just to make sure it
works fine electrical-contact wise (the lid and attachment were bone dry
of any mineral oil before this.

Will the oil ('heavy' mineral oil, BTW) start insulating things a little
when it goes where it was not before?

Thanks,
-- Rob VE3JQl