IO-4510 scope restoration update

Alex [Temple-Heath List] temple.heath1 at MIWWW.COM
Wed Dec 19 01:02:36 EST 2007

I got the two traces back, and vertical position controls are now
working too. The problem was related to the +15V push-in pin on the
vertical input board, which was not making proper contact due to
slight corrosion. Jiggled all the pins in and out a few times and the
problem corrected itself. I also now can properly center the trace
with the horizontal position control at about midway. The focus
problem was solved by replacing R601 in the focus divider, a 680K 1W
resistor that was measuring over 1.5Mohm. Also, R603 a 82K 0.5W
resistor part of the same circuit, went to 105K, but I did not have a
replacement on hand, so for now it will stay put. In any case optimum
trace focus is back to about halfway of the focus control.

Still need the IO-4510 calibration/user manual, hope someone can help me.

-Alex