DX-100 Resistor Source

Michael Waldrop w5rkl at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 1 14:51:23 EST 2007

I, myself, would not use a metal film resistor as a parasitic surpressor.
I would stick with carbon. All the research I have done on metal
film resistors states the construction consist of a metal film wrapped
around a form and covered with an outer covering. That, to me, is a coil
and using them in an RF circuit such as a parasitic surpressor is, in my
opinion, not a good idea. There may be others who disagree and that's
fine. However, I'll stick with carbon resistors for RF application.

I have experienced the same responses you did, not necessarily from
manufacturers but electronic firm sales and help desk people. They
simply are not trained or have the knowledge to answer such questions.
If the answer is not readily available in their data base of answers,
more often then not, they give wrong answers. It's a shame but that's
the way things are these days. I learned not to ask those questions.
Instead I look it up in a good reference book instead. It's safer and
more reliable... :)

73's
Mike
W5RKL