HW-12A Issues

Kent Kressenberg krkress at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Feb 13 16:48:00 EST 2007

Hello,

    I am happy to be in on this forum. I own a HW-12A, working well until a few weeks ago, when I experienced a rapid loss of RF output power... down to 10 watts or less.
    I assumed I had lost the PA tubes, so I replaced the finals and driver. This had NO effect whatsoever, so there is another problem, perhaps loss of HV or B+??
    I have the manual, but it does not include much service/trouble-shooting information. Is there a separate "service" manual for these radios? Can someone suggest diagnostic procedures for this problem? I have built kits before, even built a couple of my earlier radios from scratch, and can use basic test gear with facility...
    Would greatly appreciate any assistance members could give on this problem.

73 de WB4SYU,

Kent Kressenberg
Chattanooga, TN.