Coax Switching

Ron Pollack rinkies at ADELPHIA.NET
Tue Jan 9 18:42:38 EST 2007

I also have multiple setups, mostly boatanchor but some solid state.  I did have a case once where a "fuse" type of thing blew out from rf in the front end of a 757.  I don't remember if I had a switch thrown wrong or there was inadequate attenuation in the switch.

I solved the problem:  I physically take the coax from the antenna tuner and manual connect it to the rig I am preparing to use.  For the ones where the coax doesn't reach, I've provided a short length of coax with a PL259 and double female (barrel connector) long enough to meet the coax from the antenna tuner.  This only takes a few seconds, and removes all danger to the receiver front ends, whether on, off, set to same band, or whatever.

This is an attempt to circumvent Mr. Murphy!  It only takes once forgetting to change the switch!

Long live Murphy's Law and Cole's Law.

Ron K2RP