SB-102 Stuff

Chuck W4MIL cemilton at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 24 09:10:54 EDT 2007

GM Joe,

The S-meter reading you observed when the RF gain is at minimum is
normal.  There is no "set" reference that I know of.  So 25 over S-9
looks fb to me.

Unsure about "zeroing" the meter.  Sold my 102 some time back and no
longer have a schematic to reference.

Hope this is helpful.

73 de W4MIL

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: jsloss <k7mks at COMCAST.NET>
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Sent: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 2:44 am
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] SB-102 Stuff

Will the owner of a correctly working SB-102 let me know his S-meter
reading
when in receive and the RFG fully CCW.  Mine reads about 25 over S-9.
This test
is with no signals or calibrator being received by the set.

Am also struggling to get the S-meter to set at "0", w/ S-meter pot and
 no
input signals.  Swapping and/or V3 and V4 did not seem to help.  The
S-meter pot
appears OK.

Thank you,

Joe k7mks