K1 All wave Beginners Radio

Keith Harvey keith.harvey at PERSONA.CA
Sat Apr 5 18:41:34 EDT 2008

Just like Ken, I have also resolved to build one, and I have calculated what the
dimensions of the chassis would be using an octal socket for scale and the
sketches in the original documentation. The "ad of the day" shows that a 2 1/2"
speaker is an available option, so I used that as a scale item for the front panel.

Here is my conclusion:

The chassis has a 1" fold over at the rear and front. It is 4" deep and 5 1/2" wide.
The front panel would have been just over 4" high to accommodate the front lip and
the mounting for the speaker. The front panel would have been 5 1/2' wide.

I compared these estimates with a "knob of the day" from my collection shown in the
original picture of the set, and they seem about right. In the absence of any other clues
that's what I'm going with!

I also have a Millen coil form from that era that is just over 2 1/4" high and 1 1/4' in diameter.
It seems to be in scale with the tubes used and might work.

Cheers all.....

73 de Keith Harvey VA3KRV - VE3KHV
APRS Weather VE3KHV
Campbellford, Ontario, Canada
Grid FN14ci
www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=VE3KHV

keith.harvey(at)persona(dot)ca or  va3krv(at)persona(dot)ca