HG-10B CONNECTION

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Wed Dec 17 00:08:31 EST 2008

On 16 Dec 2008 at 16:35, AL and Marian Pogue wrote:

> Is the power connection between the HG-10B the same for the HW-16 and
> the Heathkit DX-60? Can I use the same connection? Same plug? AL
> KA2BVC

The octal accessory connector on the AT-1, DX-35, 40, 60,
and HW-16 are all identical, except for what is connected to
pin 8.

The DX-20 doesn't have an accessory socket.

In the AT-1, pin 8 is grounded.

In the DX-35 and 40, pin 8 is connected to the cathodes of
the oscillator and final amp.

In the DX-60, although pin 8 is labeled BIAS, it is actually in
parallel with the key.

Pin 8 is the external key line for the HW-16, essentially the
same as the DX-60.

So, in the case of the DX-35, 40, 60 and HW-16, pin 8 is
the external keying line, but the keying methods are
cathode keying for the DX-35 and 40, and blocked-grid
keying for the DX-60 and HW-16.

See this web page for other information you may find
useful:

http://www.mines.uidaho.edu/~glowbugs/heathvf1.html

Ken Gordon W7EKB