HW-16 Final Tube Meltdown

Robert Wood radiorob at SWBELL.NET
Sat Sep 6 09:55:49 EDT 2008

Thank you Ken,

a. I measured pin 3 and there was a positive voltage.

b. I removed the 6GE6 turned it back on, and receiver began working fine.

c. I measured pin 3 to discover no voltage.

d. I measured opposite side of the RF choke attached to pin 3 and found -150vdc.

e. I removed the RF choke and checked continuity to discover it is open.  I
inspected it, and it looks fine... Must be related to being 34 years old.

f. I will not begin finding a replacement .5mH RF choke.  Hope my junk box has
one...

Thanks for everyone's help.  This was my first rig my parents bought me back in
1974 after getting my novice license.  I want to use it this winter.  I will
send an update once I find a replacement part and install it into the rig.
Thanks to everyone's technical assistance I got using this website, and please
let me know if there is anything you need from me!

Thanks,

Robert Wood
K5MBA