More sb-104a problems, this time on 10 meter transmit

Dean Naib dsnaib at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 18 10:15:15 EDT 2009

First, thanks for everyone who responded to my prior problem.  I was able to
rewind the transformer in the SB-104a and it's working ok.   I have one
final problem on this radio only on 10 meter.   It transmits and receives
fine but the power meter is not working properly on that one band.
Sometimes it reads low or even negative.  The problem appears to be
contained on the K board, ALC/Output, as swapping the board with another
fixes the problem.  I did the obvious stuff and replaced the rectifier diode
and  noise capacitors (D803, C828, C829) on the meter circuit but that
didn't fix it.  I'm guessing that there is unwanted oscillations going on.
Anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks again,

Dean

K4DSN