More SB-200 issues

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Mon Jul 6 18:25:49 EDT 2009

On 6 Jul 2009 at 12:49, Phil Rand wrote:

> Despite the fact that I am 86 years old and a ham for 71 years,

Ha! You've got me beat: I am only 67 and have only been licensed for
52 years...so far. :-)

> my
> knowlege has slipped away but it seems like I remember that there are
> vertical and horizonal 811As.

I remember something about that also. If my memory banks aren't
corrupted, it had to do with 811s about the time that the 30L-1 came
out.

> I had the horizonal ones in a 30L1 and
> never had a problem. I may be wrong!!

I don't think you are wrong, but I have forgotten the details.

vy 73,

Ken Gordon W7EKB