SB-102 - more troubles

Bob Burns G3OOU at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 14 18:09:20 EDT 2009

Hi Ken

Thanks for the update. I have never owned an SB102 but have become familiar
 with the schematic.

I relubed my SB101 some years ago and it is still performing well.

I also rebuilt an SB101 LMO using a Vackar oscillator with a J310 and the
stability is excellent - max drift 300Hz in ten hours from a cold switch on.
 However, I made no attempt to get a linear frequency coverage as the new
unit  will use a digital display.

I cannot see a good reason for permanently closing up theSB102 LMO other
than to stop owners from playing!

73

Bob

G3OOU