SB-102 Shaft Coupling needed!! (58) #456-4 HELP!!

Tom NØJMY n0jmy at HAYSEEDHAMFEST.COM
Wed Jun 17 15:50:00 EDT 2009

I'm not exactly sure I understand your problem, Sandy, but if it
involves stripped holes for set-screws, I just had a good tip given to
me by Mike from the Heathkit Shop for that problem.

Try removing the set-screw, then take a single fine strand from a piece
of stranded wire and put it through the threaded hole.  Now slip the
coupler back on the shaft and install the set screw with the wire still
in the hole.

I just did this to a hopelessly stripped out knob on a Ten-Tec Century
21 and it's tight as a drum now.

If that doesn't work, give me a shout.  I might be able to scrounge up a
coupler for you.

73,
Tom NØJMY .   .

Hayseed Hamfest Co. - Multi-section Can Capacitors
for vintage Heathkit, Drake, Halli, Hammy, more...
www.hayseedhamfest.com