[Heath] SB-110 vs SB-110A

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 12:23:39 EDT 2013

Differences include:

Better filtering and bypassing.

Improved LMO.

Elimination of a spur from the heterodyne oscillator that was causing interference to television Channel 6.

The easiest way to tell the units apart is to locate V-9.  In the original SB-110, V-9 is located on the actual metal chassis and in the SB-110A this tube is located on the carrier circuit board.

The SB-110A manual calls for 6AZ8 tubes, not 6AX8!

http://tubularelectronics.com/Heath_Manual_Collection/Heath_Manuals_S/SB-110a/SB-110A%20Manual.pdf

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com