[Heath] MT-1 calibration problem

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 14:43:31 EST 2013

Hi, folks,

I used a calibrated receiver to align the bands on my old MT-1. All the
bands, 80, 20 and 10 came in right on. Now, I know that since 40 and 10
metres use the same VFO circuit, that if you get 10 metres aligned, then 40
is on automatically.

Well, not really! 10m is right on the mark. But 40? Whoa. For instance,
when I'm on 7290 running AM with some of the fellers there, the VFO shows
just above 7230. I was tuning all around to find my spotting signal. Makes
me suspect maybe a bad silver-mica somewhere in the 40M tuned circuit, but
where? I mean the VFO is aligning right, or the other bands would be way
off as well.

Can someone give me a thought as to where I might start looking?

73, Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.