[Heath] 6146B Issues

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Oct 12 15:13:50 EDT 2013

On 11 Oct 2013 at 17:06, Gary H. Harmon, Jr. wrote:

> I seem to remember there are some pieces of Heathkit that are not
> HAPPY-HAPPY-HAPPY with 6146B tubes.  Is this a myth or is there a list
> of pieces that prefer to not see a 6146B?

My HW-101 has a sticker on the back that says flatly "Use only 6146 or
6146A tubes in the final amp." and more words to that effect. I think it also
specifies GE tubes.

I can take a photo of it and post it somewhere if you would like to see it. I
was not too surprised to see it after some discussion with Glenn and others
several years ago.

Ken W7EKB